Have you heard of cupping? Most people have by now as it's been popularized by Michael Phelps and countless other Olympians, professional athletes and celebrities in recent years. You've probably seen cup marks-- those circular marks that look like a bruise or even a hickey. Cupping is a therapy that has been used for thousands of years to treat a number of conditions.
The most traditional use of cupping is for upper respiratory issues; asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, flus and common colds. The cups would be placed on the upper back. While I do use cupping for this and find it quite effective (especially for either acute onset colds/flus or phlegmy asthma) my favorite use of cupping is for musculoskeletal issues.
Cupping can be amazingly effective to treat back and neck tension, headaches/migraines, chest tension, even TMJ. It can also be used on most areas of the body (I've cupped hamstring injuries, IT bands, knees, glutes/piriformis, calves, shoulders, elbows and even t...
30 feels like a big birthday, and I've been reflecting a lot recently on the past decade. So, in honor of my 30th birthday, I want to share the 30 things I'd tell my 20-year-old self:
1. You're awesome, & you're gonna be even more awesome in 10 years, so relax 😎
2. You should definitely start yoga. Right now. Do it every day.
3. Enjoy your tits while they're way up there, because...gravity .
4. Mom is/was/will be right about most things (NOT all, but most) 😘
5. Have absolutely no fear and no guilt about cutting toxic people & habits out of your life 🙅
6. Start getting acupuncture & taking herbs. Right now.
7. Put on some sunscreen already! (@freskincare is the best, & you can use my code to get 10% off at freskincare.com: RACHEL1) ☀️☀️
8. J is a great dude, so good job there💛👍
9. Put down the f'ing cigarettes you damn fool (hey, I'm talking to myself 😂 and, yes...I smoked cigs for a few years in my early 20s🤢)
10. Being selfish is a great thing; it's important to yo...