30 feels like a big birthday, and I've been reflecting a lot recently on the past decade. So, in honor of my 30th birthday, I want to share the 30 things I'd tell my 20-year-old self:
1. You're awesome, & you're gonna be even more awesome in 10 years, so relax 😎
2. You should definitely start yoga. Right now. Do it every day.
3. Enjoy your tits while they're way up there, because...gravity .
4. Mom is/was/will be right about most things (NOT all, but most) 😘
5. Have absolutely no fear and no guilt about cutting toxic people & habits out of your life 🙅
6. Start getting acupuncture & taking herbs. Right now.
7. Put on some sunscreen already! (@freskincare is the best, & you can use my code to get 10% off at freskincare.com: RACHEL1) ☀️☀️
8. J is a great dude, so good job there💛👍
9. Put down the f'ing cigarettes you damn fool (hey, I'm talking to myself 😂 and, yes...I smoked cigs for a few years in my early 20s🤢)
10. Being selfish is a great thing; it's important to your wellbeing. Take time for YOU.
11. Start getting over your fear of needles because, honey, you aren't going to law school!
12. Are you sure you want dreads? (& 2 years later) Are you sure you want to cut off your dreads?
13. Intuition is a gift. Use it, train it, value it.
14. Stop picking your pimples. IT DOESN'T EVER HELP THE SITUATION.
15. Chronic illnesses are not the end of the world. Yes, they really, really suck. But, you will get better, stronger, & adapt. In fact, you will discover your career and be a more compassionate practitioner because of your illnesses.
16. Be YOU. Unapologetically, fully you. 💛
17. Girl, that's not a wrinkle. THIS is a wrinkle (*furrows brow*)
18. Being smart is really cool. 🤓Don't be shy about it, don't downplay it. Be proud of it.
19. Being bossy is badass ✊️
20. Brussel sprouts are worth trying; shrimp is not.
21. You're empathetic; start learning how to protect your own energy.
22. Family is the most important thing there is. Love them so hard.💛 Call them more, text them more, visit them more, tell them you love them.
23. Try not to worry so much.
24. Drink more water, eat more vegetables 🥑, break a sweat more often.
25. You end up needing to be gluten free, so enjoy that mac & cheese and bread while you can🍝😳
26. Sleep is wildly underrated. It's the best. Do it more often. 😴
27. Being emotional & sensitive are not weaknesses.
28. Having strong opinions & high standards isn't a bad thing.
29. It's ok to say "no" to anything. It can be awesome and liberating. Do what you want 🙌
30. Go on with ya bad self 🙌😘👸